Strawberry, the luscious first fruit of spring is generally appreciated for its pleasing aroma and delectable flavour. Its value though is its reputation as the ‘angel’ among berries. Endowed with some amazing medicinal and healing properties, strawberry found much favour among ancient cultures too.
Besides being pleasing on the palate, its high nutritional value makes it a favourite choice among dietitians and beauticians.
Home Uses of Strawberry
- Teeth whitening: Rub fresh strawberry pulp directly on the teeth to clean naturally. When mixed with half teaspoon of baking soda, it is very effective in treating stained teeth.
- Acne relief: If acne is a common problem, this remedy is just what you need! Mash five strawberries and add one teaspoon of honey. Apply this mixture on your face for 10 to 12 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
- Cure for diarrhoea and urinary tract infections: Use strawberry leaves as an astringent. Boil some freshly washed or dried leaves in a pint of water. Drink this infusion to treat diarrhoea or urinary tract infections.
- Helps prevent night sweats
- Cools the liver, spleen and a hot choleric stomach
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Builds immunity and prevents scurvy
- Makes blood vessels supple
- Has major antioxidant, anticancer and anti-ageing benefits.