What is it?
It happens when the skin loses its elasticity due to old age. They are creases that are observed in the skin when it thins and sags due to old age. They are first known to appear near the eyes and with age they appear on cheeks, lips, neck and hand.
Ayurvedic remedies or tips to keep wrinkles at bay
- Using a paste of Turmeric with Sugarcane juice is very effective treatment of wrinkles according to Ayurveda.
- Applying Castor oil on the spots which have developed wrinkles is known to reduce them. It works best when applied at night and left overnight.
- You can also massage your face with Almond or Coconut oil every night to treat wrinkles.
- Another Ayurvedic home treatment for wrinkles is Indian gooseberry that is also known as Amlaki. Rubbing it on the wrinkles will lighten them as Indian gooseberries are a rich source of Vitamin C. You can also substitute them with Lemons.
- For effective treatment and lightening of wrinkles, boil Rosemary leaves in 2 cups water and let it boil till the water becomes half in quantity. Then add half a cup of brandy to the concoction and strain it. Apply it on the wrinkled skin twice a day.
- Cucumbers are extremely beneficial when it comes to the treatment of wrinkles. Grate some cucumber and sieve it to gather the juice. Apply the juice on the wrinkle affected area daily for half an hour and see visible results within a fortnight!
- Tulsi or holy basil is known for its anti-ageing properties. Drink a decoction made from the leaves or simply chew a few leaves every day so slacken the development of wrinkles and treat them.
- Eating a mixture made of ginger and honey will not only treat wrinkles but will also keep them at bay.
An anti wrinkle face pack using milk
Wrinkles appear due to ageing, dry skin and lack of moisture in skin. Massaging the body skin with milk helps to reduce its dryness and increases the moistness. The unctuous and soothing properties of milk help to increase glow of skin and delays aging process.
According to Ayurveda, a mixture of Turmeric (1/4 spoon), Masoor Dal Flour (4 spoons) and sufficient quantity of milk and water (in equal quantities) are mixed into the consistency of a paste. This makes an excellent face pack to reduce wrinkles. Regular application of this pack delays the ageing process of the skin. Turmeric increases skin glow and prevent formation of scars. Milk increases moisture level of skin and makes skin smooth and wrinkle free. Masoor Dal Flour provides nutrition required by the skin. Drinking milk regularly keeps the skin healthy from inside. Milk also strengthens bones and delays ageing process of body.