Kundalini yoga is an ancient healing practice and the first yoga ever created. It is now scientifically proven that this yoga activates certain parts of your brain that is responsible for awareness. It also generates more balanced control and benefits the nervous system on a cellular level while increasing your energetic awareness.
The literal meaning of Kundalini is ‘coiled like a serpent’. This yoga aims to awaken the energy that lies at the base of the spine. Derived from the Sanskrit word ‘kundal’, which means circular. It refers to a coiled snake sitting at the base of your spine. This is supposed to be the life force of a person.
Here, we can understand more about kundalini meditation. This is easy to perform, and it offers many benefits.
HOW DO YOU START KUDALINI MEDITATION?
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat. Make sure your legs are crossed and your spine is straight.
- Now, place your palms together as if you are in prayer. Your palms should be at the center of the chest with your fingers pointing up.
- Close your eyes and focus at the point between your eyebrows. This is where your 6th chakra is located.
- While you breath, divide it in four equal parts, emptying your lungs on the fourth.
- On each part of inhale and exhale, pull your navel point toward the spine. One full breath cycle should ideally take around 7 to 8 seconds. Notably, the stronger you pump the navel the more energy you will generate.
- If you find it difficult to concentrate, start reciting the mantra Sa -Ta – Na – Ma in your head. ‘Sa’ means infinity, ‘Ta’ means life, ‘Na’ means death, and ‘Ma’ means rebirth.
Practice this diligently and expreince positive changes in your life.