Krimi or worms are one of the most common and important aspect causing health problems in children. Intestinal worms are parasites that can infect the gastrointestinal tract of a child and multiply rapidly. Children are more prone to contract them due to weak immune systems. Worms are the tiny little organisms that are identified in the digestive system, especially in humans. They are often recognized in kids and infect the intestines. Worms lay eggs in the body and sometimes spread throughout. They mainly stick to the walls of the intestines. There are different types of worms such as Tapeworms, Intestinal worms, Flatworms and many more.
- Worm’s eggs may enter via contaminated food or water
- Hookworms can enter if the child walks barefoot on the soil
- Eggs enter the body & hatch
- Worms enter the intestine & multiply
- Check your child’s stool for thread like worms
- You may notice the child is losing weight
- Bad Breath
- Stomach aches
- Dark under-eye circles
- Frequent hunger pangs
- Itching around the anal region
- Girls may experience vaginal discharge
- Irritability & restlessness
Home remedies for worms in children
- Give 1 cup of grated Carrot in the morning 1 hour before breakfast for 4 to 5 days.
- Take 1 tablespoon of raw Papaya juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey (shahad) and give this to the child in the morning on an empty stomach. This should be followed by a glass of warm milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of Castor oil. Do this for atleast 2 days.
- Make the child to eat a small piece of Jaggery (gudha) after each meal.
- Give a piece of Garlic (lehsun) clove a day until the worms are removed.
- Grind a fresh coconut, finely and mix it directly into some milk or boil it with milk. Give this decoction to the child for about four times in a day.
- Take a handful of Pomegranate (anar) leaves, crush them and boil with a glass of milk. Drink half of it early in the morning on an empty stomach and the rest after two hours.
- Make sure that your child plays in a hygienic environment
- Keep the pet food tray clean and away from the reach of your child
- Get your pets treated regularly
- Teach your child to wash his hands with soap 3-4 times a day
- Ensure that the child does not put dirty hands in their mouths