- When it is suspected that the disease is measles, the very first thing that should be done is that the patient should be covered with warm clothes.
- Powdered licorice root may be given with honey.
- Hot water and other liquids should be given so that rashes appear.
DIET AND OTHER REGIMEN
- A normal diet may be given to the patient but foods which are hard to digest, substances which contain fat and constipation causing foods must be avoided.
- Measles causes a lot of dehydration within the body. Hence lots of fresh fruits, especially citrus fruits like oranges, grapes, cantaloupes, etc. which are very high in water content should be included in the diet.
- Foods like parsley make the healing process fast. They make the blisters and rashes degenerate and disappear faster.